FinCon 2017 came and went. THE conference for financial bloggers, podcasters and YouTubers left a lot of memorable moments, from the Ally Bank sponsored after party to rapper DEE-1 performing his hit song "Sallie Mae Back" while surfing a crowd of money nerds. You can read more about my personal experience HERE. But there were many more bloggers that attended the 4 day bonanza. Here are 5 selected FinCon17-centric content for your viewing pleasure...
- If you read this blog, chances are good you are also familiar with Physician on FIRE (PoF). I had the pleasure to meet the anonymous yet prolific anesthesiologist in person during FinCon17 (no he wasn't wearing a mask). And if you thought my flash card review left much to be desired, be sure to check out PoF's much more comprehensive review - FinCon17 Recap: The Conference That Doesn’t Sleep.
- Another fellow physician blogger I had the honor of meeting in person was The Happy Philosopher. We got to grab some lunch together with Passive Income MD on Friday and bond over the best strategies to battle low back pain. I have both of them to thank for this new inversion table sitting in my living room. Sit back and enjoy this Ultra-Official FinCon 2017 Review.
- One of the hardest things about blogging as a resident in training is that I don't have the time to interact with my fellow money bloggers as much as I would like. In a hidden part of my brain, my passion for blogging was starting to slip. But FinCon17 was like a shot of adrenaline. Fellow first timer Slowly Sipping Coffee summed it up best in I Found My Tribe! FinCon 2017.
- FinCon isn't just about networking and promoting your personal finance media outlet. As a big technology junkie, I was very excited by the FinTech Startup competition. There were some very solid competitors this year. Here are 10 New Fintech Companies To Watch Out For! courtesy of Budgets Are $exy.
- This final entry isn't a blog post per se. But DEE-1's performances were some of the most memorable moments of FinCon. You've seen the handycam version of "Sallie Mae Back" live, now check out the official music videos of "Sallie Mae Back" and "No Car Note".
Chad Chubb, CFP ® founded WealthKeel LLC to help physicians navigate the complexities of financial planning. Today, we utilize true financial planning and custom-craft plans for residents and young doctors in the Philadelphia area and across the United States. From investments to insurance and student loans to goal planning, we tailor a plan to address your specific needs and circumstances. We will be by your side, today, tomorrow, and for decades to come to help you plan and build for all of life’s course corrections. Schedule your free introductory call online and see if we are a good fit for you.